Friday, June 11, 2010

different people want different things

Haha, the previous post was just one of my attempts at trying to do research on a difficult topic. I found it difficult, though others may find it interesting and very relevant. I also realised that I don't mind people reading my posts no matter how lame or controversial they are. But other people mind the public reading their own journals or blogs. For me its more like, whoever bothers to read will read it. Whoever doesn't, doesn't.

I can't do research when i'm sleepy or tired. Research work is not for me and not me. I can do maths, or calculations or mathematical problems though, when i am tired. It's not that i like math, or maybe subconsciously i do like math. Or maybe its the rigorous training of MOE through Secondary school and JC math. That's one thing i'm grateful for about our education here. The Maths or MATH can really stretch you. SO can the Economics Paper, which explains our current landscape in the City area (Most are bank and Financial skyscrapers). So maybe disciplined learning does make a person learn, like in the case of Math here.

Then suddenly i realise upon thinking of different jobs out there, that there is honour in whatever job you do.

Be it Engineering, Human resource, Teaching, Counselling, Cleaning, Community Service, Shopkeeping, Librarian, working for Government, Homemaking, Driving, Receptionist, Resolving disputes, Law, Business, Hospitality, Food, Prisons, Healthcare, Writing, Designing, Movies and the Arts, we are always in some form of contact with people. We are doing a service for people, for society. We are helping people. We are interacting with people. And that makes EVERY SINGLE job worth it!

No comments: