Monday, May 23, 2011

should we sacrifice?

Ergh....I am frustrated that I got myself sick. Yes for real, and for once this is the absolute truth that I got myself sick with infected throat and it's my fault.

You know sometimes I keep reminding myself what I was taught early adulthood about "Obedience is better than sacrifice" and how we should learn from various examples in the bible like David and Abraham, not that they only obeyed and didn't sacrifice but they always put obedience before all else. Obedience not to anyone but to authority over you. Obedience to people who care for your well being.

So here I am taking my own sweet time to write this blog now, at work because my social life is over for the day. Because i was "told" to go home right after work. Yes by my church group leader. And this actually makes sense because I totally do not even feel like going to any part of town at this moment. Mondays, i realise, is one good time to rest, "chill", and pore over or pour over (Which is the correct spelling) the Word. Not cos I'm in trouble, not cos i feel sad or down, but simply because I actually WANT to.

I think the same thing works with BGR. You don't "have to" do something for someone, you do something because you want to? What if that "want" becomes a "don't want"? ever? How will I go about solving this? How will my partner solve this? Maybe its not a question of solving a problem but both sides working together at something common. That's why having common goals in life is soo important.

No comments: