Tuesday, April 26, 2011

in the dark of the night

The Word really spoke to me yesterday when i was just so desperate and hungry from physical lack of rest and because i have been thinking too much. but thinking is good. not over thinking. then i realised when i was a kid "7 days without the bible makes one WEAK" the Onomatopia (or onometopia) or pun on the "week" word. So i knew i needed the bible.

yes books do give us fresh ways of looking at things but the actual word itself i think is more direct and God-breathed. so i actually forgo-ed the whole after-work-must-meet-some-friends thing and went straight home to read.

Every page i stumbled upon was what I NEEDED to read. the amazing part was it came from of all books, Ecclesiastes! I mean hello i read that on the way to KL zonal camp last year on the bus. I realised only one truth sank in that time. it was "I realised at the end of my life all toil is meaningless". can u believe it? that was the only truth that sank in that time.

This time round however, more and more truths sprang out to me. Every single verse had an APPLICATION to the circumstances and emotions i was going through yesterday. EVERY SINGLE verse and i anyhow (which means didn't really care, listlessly) flipped to a chapter. And oh man. It was soooo precise. Let me tell you, if you are HUNGRY for Him and what He has to say, His Holy Spirit will be right there and even give you the wrong book ( i didn't intend to read ecclesiastes) with the right words u need to hear.

No comments: