Monday, July 19, 2010

spirituality, saturday, surviving

This post was supposed to come out on Sat night (few days ago) but my computer network was switched off. So here's the gist of it. Disclaimer: I'm not always this happy or "fruitful" every single day. Puns and double meaning in this paragraph only all intended purely for fun. L-O-L.

Had fruitful day. It helps a lot when you serve people. I liked teaching the kids how to hear from God. Found so many poor lost problematic souls in the neighbourhood estate our group went to serve at. They had a block party few weeks ago and the photos were ready to be given out. They had financial, mental, and health problems. Sigh. Our group of ladies suspected it was probably spiritual strongholds or idol worship resulting in principalities. Life really moves faster and gives you such a sense of fulfilment when you give it away to those who need your time more than you need your space.

Met insurance agent in the morning. Learnt he had some cool job offers in the past but chose this path.
Met B.O.B team.
Prayed for one family (all 4 present at their flat) who had health problems.

I know its wishful thinking to hope this country of mine were a God fearing country. No other-god worship, if you know what I mean. But truth is, look at USA. Frannkly, they are supposedly "God fearing" but well, like an American friend (a girl) mentioned in her book recently published, they are materialistic, which is an idol too, nonwithstanding American idol. (That last phrase was meant to be funny LOL). So....what can i say but this verse that ecouraged me today.

Another friend mentioned that God's word and character is seen most clearly when we undergo trials and turbulent times. And i realised how much more sense the bible makes when you're feeling down.

This is the verse:
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”- Isaiah 41:10

No comments: