Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I was in a lousy mood today. Tired and annoyed with myself, people around and...yup the past that could have been a lot better. But i guess that He knows our future more than we know our past.

To add on to the lousy mood, When i flipped the bible open i stumbled upon Isaiah 31.
"Woe to those who rely on horses who trust in the multitude of their horsemen but do not look to the Holy One of Israel or seek help from the Lord
."

I was reminded of a friend who recently shared that she got on her knees every single morning and night on her knees (to pray to God). And He tells her things that minister to her heart directly. I admire her humbleness in coming before him like a little girl, putting her gains aside, being almost helpless. But it didn't start of that way. It was tough to set aside time.

Then i decided to try....today talking to Him. Most of it sounded like feedback or complaints session. Ew. But I mean, i have to be and get real. But I believe like her, I could reach a point, where talking to Him becomes natural, just like my morning brisk walks are.

No comments: