Thursday, March 18, 2010

eckman and hawkins

Whole bunch of input the past few days which really makes up for the output in teaching.....

Paul Hawkins was an amazing tool used by God during the retreat in Malaysia over weekend to speak to us. He's gotta be one of the most down to earth, Asian-adapted foreign speaker who kept yakking sense with us during all the meals. And the best part was the value he added to sermons with tons and tons of verses. He talked about
  • Value of a career, not just monetary value
  • Spiritual sensitivity
  • Intimacy with God (it's continuous)
  • His personal life examples (about how God purposely shut doors so that he could be alone with Him to hear Him)
  • His honesty in sharing his shortcomings and confessions and how confessing sin released him
  • Hands-on ministry time (pray for others and hear from God about them)
  • Male-female ratios in church (lol do we need more brothers, Lord?)
Eckman today, spoke on
  • Fearing no mistakes/failure
  • Who God intended you to be
  • Having love joy peace in your mind and heart
  • Being transparent before God to tell him anything that bugs us
  • Learning from failures u learn more than learning from success
Hmm, I'm horrible at this getting-signals-from-a-guy thing. Hahahha. But this is quite fun.
Besides this, Life never will cease being an adventure, or more of an exploration....I'm already missing Sunway Lagoon time with God alone. It was the best part of the trip i would think. I missed it sooo much that even when God gave me back my friends (1 and half hours later), I only joined them for a while (! hour plus) then went back to swimming myself. The first part was scary, and I almost slipped into self pity mode but being reminded of Paul Hawkins' story (refer to above), I ended up telling God personal things which no one wants to hear unless they are very bored or have vested interest in me.

2 comments:

Steward said...

Yoz gal, your blog is getting more interesting with all the added pictures and have been updating more reguarly. Haha.

Oh well, i will always be interested to hear your boring personal stuffs if you want to share them with me.

I still have a good pair of ears for now. Crossing my finger.s

Anonymous said...

hey there!! long time no hear how are you?...using your other name here eh? hmm....i forgot to read your blog for the past 4-5 months since i bumped into u at borders.
u know why? my whole list of blog contacts is long, if u realised...and i can't seem to keep track of those blogs than have gone silent or un-updated.
Lost your mobile number. drop an sms when you see this!
-kim