Sunday, November 22, 2009

Assuming the best

tough topic but I feel this has personally challenged me in my Walk, which is something not easy to do and yet also an important thing to do as a Jesus follower.

The famous love chapter 13:4-5 talks about love being patient (already difficult), kind, (tough to be consistent), not jealous, not boastful, not proud nor rude. It doesn't demand, is not irritable nor keeps record of wrong.

Keeps no record of wrong is a very tough one as it includes not just forgiveness, not being easily offended and assuming the best in others, which is a way of loving them. Being offended means, we assume people want to hurt us. Then we can't really love them fully. Which hurts the relationship. (Due to factors like , we had been hurt in the past, this person did something that reminds me of this other person, didn't get that chance to grow in that area of our lives yet, etc)

I feel, taking the risk again to love people (despite them reminding you of the past) is a good solution to this. Though it is scary at first.

I'm so glad that God is stable; God says "I love and value you so much i died for you"
God says you are worth more than "many sparrows" and that he can count the hairs on our head. God says "for I know the plans I have for you, plans for good, and not to hurt you, plans for a future and a hope"

No comments: