Saturday, December 6, 2008

pain

Pain.

Two incidences of physical pain these two weeks woke me up to realise the importance of sincere prayer.
The first was last tues when food poisoning or diarrhoea came with bad cramps ( the girl thing). I was slouched or doubled over on my chair at work, face probably white....and the only thing i could do on the way home (when working hours were not over) was go "God...help." "God, please take away the pain....help."

Then it struck me. The most heartfelt sincere prayers come from our souls or spirits when we're in the most pain or disorientation. That's the kind that we mean with all our hearts. Shouldn't we take that same desperation and sincereness to our daily prayer life?

The second incident of pain was today. I had this strange flu virus or rather, muscle cramp virus that seemed to ache and poke every single muscle i had (arms, legs, belly, neck, shoulders etc etc). And the weird part was there was no sore throat or food poisoning. so why this ache? And the worst part was, i had to take my friend to a Thanksgiving dinner for her to hear God's love. Plus i had to go to work, walk around work place, go home to take a rest, go to bouna vista for interview, go to work place, then bring her to bt batok. tons of walking, at my worst state.

i thot i was gonna faint or sth. i told the lord, " you can't let me go now....i have to bring someone there today." And....well.....i reached the feast, still aching and tired and sick. everyone ate well and i couldn't!! But the strange and awesome thing was, after all the sharing, the song and the testimony by someone, the aches almost all left me. the only mild one left was the leg muscle ones (the usual). hmm....He is amazing!

No comments: