Friday, May 18, 2012

*cough cough* part 2

How dreadful talking about something to unhealthy again. But......this is meant to be a good post. So...let me conclude my chapter with Miss/Mister Cough.

On wed this week i went on the track again, running or jogging. My expected 4 rounds became 11 but the last 2 were slow jogs. I thought this might help my respiratory system recover faster.

However nothing changed!

So i frantically read chapters of the "Bible cure for Asthma" by Don Colbert on the way to work on Thurs and Fri (today). Thurs i read about cleaning the house of dust, dust mites (vacuum with hepa vacuum), use airtight pillow cases and bed sheets (where do u get them in singapore?), keeping animals away and watching out for mildew (this exists in singapore HDB flats?).

THEN this morning i flipped open the book on my favourite bus again (brings me back to my Secondary 4 adventures to town to "study" when my classmates and i were more like watching movies, eating snacks and absorbing the aura of orchard road).

Breathing was the next chapter of the asthma book. I am just so thankful God created the NOSE. Yes, i never appreciated its intelligent design and function till now. It's actually for Filtering, cleaning and humidifying the air we take in before it reaches the lungs. So breathing thru the mouth may cause more coughing cos the air is not as clean and probably dry.

Deeper breaths help. And the jogging may actually worsen the coughing because we breathe short, sharp breaths that time and might use the mouth more than the nose.

My daily encouragement and food.....i am weak without His word -
“for God is not unrighteous to forget your work and the love which ye showed toward his name, in that ye ministered unto the saints, and still do minister.”Hebrews 6:10

No comments: