Wednesday, August 5, 2009

unLUKEwarm

The bible always advices people to be either HOT or cold and not in the middle.
We've heard, "Be either hot or cold not lukewarm, or I'll spit you out from my mouth" (God said in the bible),

And we wonder if these words actually apply to our own lives.
Well for myself, i really do wonder what it means to be very hot.....and also very cold. (spiritually for God lah).

It's hard to tell the difference between "cold" and "lukewarm" sometimes.

So i guess....i'm just guessing, that cold is a total "no" and "never" to God and godly people and godly counsel. Scorn thrown in even. (and look what God did to change the mind of Paul, previously known as Saul, who was stoning preachers and being prejudiced)

Lukewarm ranges from a "Let me take my time to be on fire for God, I've got a lot to live for first", to a "if God gives me this and that THEN i'll go all out for Him". The best illustration is The parable of the Sower (different seeds ended up differently).

So......being at 2 different sermons from two different places and churches (2 totally unrelated preachers) these two weeks, the same message rang loud,

"Are we going to be un-lukewarm for Him?"

No comments: